20 Body Positive Affirmations You Need To Read
I love affirmations and have them hanging all over my house. I believe that our minds have an untapped ability to change our world and to specifically change how we see it.
As women, I believe our two worst attributes are:
- Being too hard on ourselves, and
- Comparing ourselves with others.
Most of the time, all that does is blind us to who we are and our own unique and divine purpose. We are powerful and no matter our shape, size, or age, we can do exactly what we feel inspired to do if we think positively, work hard, and believe in ourselves.
Affirmations are statements that you repeat over and over to change your unconscious beliefs. I found an article with 101 Positive Body Affirmations and chose a few of my favorites to share with you.
Initially, I was going to choose ten, but could only narrow it down to twenty. Choose a few that resonate with you and look in the mirror as you repeat them several times daily. If you can find some of these positive body affirmations and allow yourself to see, hear, and feel them, you will find some shifts in the way you think about yourself and your body. Enjoy!
1. My body deserves love.
2. I am perfect, whole, and complete just the way I am.
3. I love and respect myself.
4. As long as I am good, kind, and hold myself with integrity, it doesn’t matter what other people think of me.
5. I am blessed to be aging. The only alternative to aging is death.
6. If I spend too much time trying to be and look like someone else, I cease to pay attention to myself, my virtues, my path, and my journey.
7. Self respect is underrated.
8. When I smile, I actually make other people happy.
9. Balance is the most important.
10. I am good stuff.
11. I am compassionate and warm. My presence is delightful to people.
12. Getting older makes me smarter.
13. It’s okay not to be the best all the time.
14. I can be healthy at any size.
15. My brain is my sexiest body part.
16. My body is a vessel for my awesomeness.
17. Taking care of myself feels good.
18. Being grounded and whole is what makes me beautiful. If I don’t feel grounded and whole, I can get there just by being still, breathing, listening to my intuition, and doing what I can to be kind to myself and others.
19. I can trust my intuition. It’s here to guide me.
20. I feed my body healthy, nourishing food and give it healthy nourishing exercise because it deserves to be taken care of.